Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 18 - Tell about a favorite aunt

I had a couple of favorite aunts, but the one that I did the most with was Aunt Joan. She is my mom's younger sister. They lived about 10 minutes away from us and so I remember spending a lot of time over there playing with the cousins. The times I spent there were always fun. As I got older, and into college, she got me a job in her office as a secretary. I worked there for several years and then become an administrative assistant to a client of theirs. In this office we typed up documents for other people. It was a great job! I was able to spend a lot of time with my aunt....talking, laughing, working, etc. She was one of many that I looked up to in the church. She was a very strong church member until after I got married....she then became anti-mormon. But I loved spending time with her through my growing up years. She is short, about 4'10" tall, blonde, pettit gal. She is a great singer and a hard worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment