Monday, January 18, 2010

January 17 - Tell a fond memory of your grandma

My grandma Pettit used to work for ZCMI and every year for my birthday....I can't remember what age she started this at.....we would go to lunch and shopping. I loved to go with her and my grandpa. My favorite place to eat was "Leatherby's" because they had cream cheese and olive sandwiches and I could get a giant shake....usually praline's and cream. We would then go over to ZCMI and go clothes shopping. She made me feel so special on my birthday and I loved to spend the time with her. I can remember several dresses I got while shopping with my grandma. I loved those dresses! One was a maroon "Gunni Sax" dress. Gunni Sax was a popular name brand for dresses back then. It was fun!

My grandma Johnson would take us downtown every Christmas season to go find an ornament. Every year, my grandma would get us an ornament for the tree. When we were old enough to go shopping, she would take us down and we got to pick out our ornaments. I used to love that because I there were so many to choose from and I loved choosing for myself. I still have them in my Christmas decorations. I wish I could remember the store she would take us to. It was like a real "downtown" experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment