Sunday, February 7, 2010

February 2 - Tell about someone you envied and why.

I envied my older brother Joel. He was funny, good-looking, athletic, and popular (in my eyes). At the time, I thought it was the most important thing to be popular and "loved" by everyone. He always had a cute girlfriend, had people to hang out with, and had lots of fun. I wish that I hadn't cared about those thins so much when I was younger. I had lots of friends, lots of fun, was athletic, and popular in my own world. I just didn't realize it then. All the things that he had then, didn't always make him happy. That is the whole point...they were just things. I should have centered my envy on drawing closer to the Lord. Not to say that Joel didn't seek after those things, too, but I could have sought after them a little more. I did look up to Joel and admire him in a lot of ways. He always looked after me and stuck up for me. He let me be a part of his athletic life even though sometimes that wasn't so cool to have a girl participate. I loved having an older brother to look up to and admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment